Our website https://www.alchimiaweb.org/ uses a technology called ‘cookie’, which collects information about the website’s usage, improves the user’s experience and guarantees its functionality.
1. What are “cookies”? A brief explanation.
A ‘cookie’ is a small text fragment that websites send to the browser and is stored in the user’s terminal (computer or mobile device). The purpose of these files is to store data that can be updated and retrieved by the entity responsible for their installation. Thus, each time the user revisits the same website, the browser retrieves the file and sends it to the website’s server. Cookies have several functions, including collecting information about the user’s preferences and remembering it, and generally making the website easier for the user to navigate by customising its content to make the site more useful.
Cookies do not allow the web server to identify a person as such, but only the user’s web identifier.
Les cookies es poden classificar en base a diferents paràmetres:
- Titularitat: cookies pròpies i cookies de tercers segons quina sigui l’entitat que gestioni el domini des d’on s’envien les cookies i es tractin les dades que s’obtinguin. Les cookies pròpies son les generades per la pàgina web que es visita i les de tercers son les generades per serveis o proveïdors externs com Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
- Durada: cookies de sessió i cookies persistents; segons el termini de temps que romanen emmagatzemades en el dispositiu de l’usuari.
- Finalitat: cookies tècniques, cookies de personalització, cookies d’anàlisi, cookies publicitàries, cookies de publicitat comportamental: d’acord amb la finalitat per a la qual es tractin les dades obtingudes.
Cookies can be classified according to different parameters:
- Ownership: own cookies and third-party cookies depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and the data obtained are processed. Own cookies are those generated by the website being visited and third-party cookies are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
- Duration: session cookies and persistent cookies; depending on the time period they remain stored on the user’s device.
- Purpose: technical cookies, customisation cookies, analysis cookies, advertising cookies, behavioural advertising cookies: according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed.
- Technical cookies: these are those that allow the user to browse through the website or application and use the different options or services available. For example, traffic control and data transfer, session identification or access to restricted website areas.
- Customisation cookies: these are cookies that allow the user to access the service with some general predefined features on the device or defined by the same user. For example, the language, the browser selected to access the service or the content design chosen.
- Analysis cookies: these are cookies that are either processed by the website or by third parties, allowing to quantify the user number and thus perform a statistical analysis of how users utilise the service offered. Therefore, your navigation on our website is analysed in order to improve the products and services we are offering.
- Advertising cookies: are those that allow the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, in accordance with criteria such as the edited content or the frequency at which the advertisements are displayed.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these are cookies that enable the management, in the most effective way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included on a website, application or platform from which it provides the requested service. These cookies store information on the users’ behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, thus making it possible to develop a specific profile in order to display advertising based on this behaviour.
2. What cookies are used on our website?
Our website uses 2 types of cookies:
2.1. Cookies of a technical character: are those that are sent to your device and are managed exclusively by our company in order to improve the website’s performance, such as cookies that identify the user’s browser language, or whether or not the cookies’ informative policy banner has been displayed.
By using this tool, our company obtains statistical information on the number of visits, demographic data, operating system, Internet access provider, type of device and source of access. We do not obtain any information on the IP address from which the access is performed. The purpose for processing data by GA is to obtain information in order to tailor and optimise the services we offer to our users.
3. Withdrawal of consent:
The users may withdraw their consent at any time regarding this Cookies Policy, so they have to delete the cookies stored on their computer using the Internet browser’s adjustments and settings. What happens if I disable the cookies ? It may happen that the deactivation of some cookies can result in the inability to use some of the website’s functionalities.
4. Cookie settings configuration
Visitors can always restrict, block or delete cookies from any website by using the browser. Each browser’s operation is different, so you can check the following links to determine how to do it:
- InternetExplorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- FireFox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.50/en/cookies.html
- Safari for iOS (iPhone + iPad devices): http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.50/en/cookies.html
For more information on deleting, disabling or blocking cookies you can also visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx?page=2
This website may modify this Cookies Policy, so we recommend that you review this policy each time you access our website in order to be properly informed about our cookies use.
Last updated 28/07/2021. ALCHIMIA SOLIDARIA FOUNDATION.